I hold a BSc (Hons) Podiatry and MSc (Merit) Advanced Practice and Health & Social Care qualification. My podiatry experience spans over 20 years both in the NHS and the private sector. I continue to work at an advanced level in the NHS specialising in the care of people with diabetes and complex foot problems. I also hold a professional leadership role involving service development and providing training and education to a variety of healthcare professionals.
I am registered with two professional regulatory bodies: The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (registration number:13266). and Health and Care Professions Council (registration number: CH12242). Registration details can be verified at Health and Care Professionals Council http://www.hpc-uk.org/check/ and http://www.scpod.org/find-a-podiatrist/
Medical insurance is a mandatory aspect of registration and regulation and is provided by The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists. Working with children and vulnerable groups requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB checks) carried out which I have in place.
I use sterilised surgical instruments that meet current sterilising and infection control regulation. Regulatory podiatry policies and guidance are adhered to within my private podiatry practice.
Additional qualifications and registration Entitlement
– Local anaesthetic (LA)
– Prescription only medicine (POM)
– Independent prescriber (SP)
Summary of Additional Entitlements
Local Anaesthetics (LA)
– This will appear on the Register for chiropodists / podiatrists, if the registrant is qualified to administer certain prescription only medicines, including a range of local anaesthetics, legally as part of their practice.
Prescription Only Medicines
– This will appear on the Register for chiropodists / podiatrists, if the registrant is qualified to supply certain prescription only medicines legally as part of their practice.
– This will appear on the Register for chiropodists / podiatrists if the registrant is qualified to act as an independent prescriber.